Monday, May 23, 2011

Ahhh long weekend....

Wow, May is already almost over! I can't believe how fast this month went! It was such a busy one so it's no wonder it flew by! It's been a great month though! We've done lot's of fun things and now this weekend is a long weekend and does it ever feel nice to relax and take it easy! Well to catch up, I think I need to start with the first weekend of May! Jessica, my soon to be sister-in-law, is from Bowden and there was a bridal shower for her up there that weekend! My family and I went up the Saturday, stopped for some quick shopping at the mall in Calgary, and then made it to Jess's parents in Bowden! The shower was soon after we arrived and it was a great shower! People are so generous! So we had fun there and afterwards we received the grand tour of Bowden and Innisfail! Very small towns! We met Jess's grandparents and I was so impressed by her one grandpa! He had a stroke 16 years ago and it left him unable to speak, but I have never met a more positive and cheerful man! It was such a joy to be around him and I really learned a lesson from him about having a good attitude and not complaining, no matter what we're going through, because there is always something to be happy and positive about! It was a memorable experience and I will never forget him! So after the tour we visited at Jess's parents house for the evening then headed to our hotel! The next day was a relaxing morning to celebrate Mother's Day and my mom's birthday! She is such a wonderful mother and I am so grateful to have her in my life and for the amazing example she is to me! I'm also so blessed to now have 2 moms! Brayden's mom is also an amazing woman and I admire her so much! How lucky to have 2 awesome ladies to look up to and inspire me! It's always so wonderful to celebrate mothers! So after we did that, we went for a drive to a town called Sundre and visited a museum there that had a variety of taxidermied animals! Of course my family would want to check that out haha! But it was actually so neat and there was lots of different animals from America, Africa, and a few other exotic places! I would love to be able to see some of those animals in real life! So that was that trip! Brayden stayed in Hill Spring that weekend while I was in Bowden so we were both very happy to be reunited after the weekend! So that was that weekend and since then work and school has been keeping us busy! My boss was gone for a whole week so I had that whole time to work on projects which was so nice! I sewed up some curtains for our apartment which helps it feel a bit more homey! Brayden is taking a summer semester and it keeps him super busy because they have to cram everything in, but he is doing so awesome! Last weekend was the bridal shower for Jessica in Cardston so we stayed the weekend out there! It was another awesome shower and she got so many great gifts! Her maid of honor and I planned it together and it was so fun to do that for Jess! Our bridesmaids dresses came and mine is getting altered right now, but they are so cute and I'm so excited to wear it! This last week was super busy so thank goodness it's the long weekend! My cousin Brett came home from his mission on Tuesday so we went to the airport to greet him! It's always so fun to welcome missionaries home! The work they do is just so awesome! So for the long weekend we went to Hill Spring to spend it with Brayden's family! On our way out we stopped in Cardston and picked up our new vacumm...it's a Dyson!!! Woohoo! I vacuumed all day today and I absolutely love it!! The weekend was so nice weather wise so we spent Saturday outside, jumping on the tramp and planting flowers! It was so wonderful to relax that way and then watch movies and hang out the rest of the weekend! Soon May will be over before we know it and then June will be here! But first we have to have Brayden's birthday! May 31!! Not sure yet what we're going to do but I definitely want to plan something fun for him! So anyways, that's what we've been up to for the month of May! Can't wait for the next month and the fun times it will bring!!

Yay!!
Mom putting on Jessica's bow bridal hat!

This was my favorite animal at the museum! It's an African Bongo!

No comments:

Post a Comment