So the second part to our awesome summer holiday was spent in Glacier National Park camping with my family at a campground called Apgar. We have been going there since before I was born and it's tradition to go there every year with our cousins on the Shaw side. This is honestly one of my most favorite places on earth! Being in the middle of the mountains with such beautiful scenery, fresh mountain air....i honestly LOVE the smell of Apgar..fresh pine trees, clean mountain air, a hint of cedar...and doing nothing but sitting on the beach, swimming, boating, bike riding, hiking, and delicious ice cream trips galore with family makes for an awesome summer vacation! And of course, we can't forget the annual Bumper Boats! Every year my Grandma and Grandpa Shaw treat everyone to a fun day at the Amazing Fun Center on the way to Kalispell! Our favorites are the mini golf..I know that course like the back of my hand...and the "no bumping" go carts. "No bumping" being to everyone except the Shaws! We make our own rules! Haha! It's always an adventure and many fun memories are made each year! I think my favorite things to do though are sit on the beach and read a good book...or reading in the hammock at the campsite is pretty nice too..., ride our bikes to the beaver pond and to get ice cream, our one day shopping trip into Kalispell...can't pass up a trip to Target lol...late night Scum games, picking fresh, delicous huckleberries, and I absolutely love the drive over Logan's Pass. So all in all, it's a great summer holiday. We are so lucky, now that we are married, to be able to share our favorite holidays with eachother, which makes them just that much better!!
| Brayden and I catching some waves! |
| Enjoying some huckleberry dessert! |
| Not an uncommon site when we're on the track! |
| Spending some time in the sun at the Waterton Dam! |
| So I got bit by some bug and my whole ankle and foot swelled up like crazy and it was so painful I was limping! To the bug who did this to me: I did not appreciate it. At all. Rude, bug. Very. Rude. |
| Making some deeelicious huckleberry jam! Yum! |
| Celebrating our One Year Anniversary by eating the rest of our yummy wedding cake and watching our amazing wedding video!! Happy One Year babe!! |
| We went white water rafting at West Glacier with my brother, Brad, and my friend Tenelle! It was fun and there was definitely some wild rapids! |