Saturday, February 18, 2012

Catch Up Post Part 1!



I know, I've been horrible at staying caught up. I'm not going to make any promises either that I will get better, but I will promise that I am going to TRY.  =)

Well, where were we....oh yes. Summer had arrived. After the hustle and bustle of the wedding it was nice to have nothing to look forward to but holidays! I love summer holidays! There are no words to describe what summer holidays mean to me. It's freedom at it's finest! So first there was Canada Day to celebrate! We always go to Hill Spring and celebrate there with their parade and bbq at Spring Glen park. The parade is honestly the best parade I have ever seen! It lasts all of five minutes, going one way, and then turns around and goes back, just because it can! Awesome! After the parade there is always a program at the school gym, and it has been so funny the last couple years they have had people impersonate famous singers! There have been some class A acts, let me tell you! Haha! Once the program is over, everyone rushes to Spring Glen park to get a good picnic spot..(Brayden and I always sneak out earlier so we can beat the crowd and get the BEST picnic spot mwaha)! The picnic consists of delicious food, of course what else would you expect, and fun games and races! It's always a great day where we get to be outside and enjoy the beautiful country we live in!
 
This is Brayden's friend EJ that
came down from Utah for Canada
Day that we were able to see! He is
such an awesome guy!














Hanging out with the sistas
waiting for the picnic!
 

 
 









This was THE thing to do. Chilling
out playing the ukulele. Ahh


















 So after we recovered from Canada Day, it was time to start getting ready for our summer vacations!! We were so lucky to be able to get the time off to have a really good summer holiday! Brayden was in summer school, so not having to contend with a job schedule, he didn't have any problems with getting the time off! And since my job is so great and my boss is so easygoing, I was able to get the time off as well, no question! We are seriously so lucky, because not many people get to have a long summer vacation like we did!

So before I go into detail on our vacations, I just have to mention how we ALMOST didn't get to go! It was quite random and the strangest thing, really. One night I decided to make some granola bars. Brayden decided he would help me wrap them. Brayden was bending over to help me wrap them, and BAM. Next thing I know he is on the ground on all fours, moaning in pain! I had no idea what was happening and it was so completely real that I was just frozen and didn't know what to do! Finally I snapped out of it and helped him lay on the ground! He pulled something in his back and it was causing him major pain and we just stayed there on the kitchen floor for I'm pretty sure it was at least an hour. At one point I thought I would have to phone the ambulance, but thank goodness for my dad who is an EMT, so I phoned him and he helped us out! A muscle in Brayden's back had been strained and so he was out for good! This was just a few days before we were to leave, and he couldn't walk or sit or do anything! It was honestly a miracle that when the day came to leaven for our vacation, he was finally able to walk and sit better than he had in the last few days! We called it our summer miracle! Haha!

Anyways, so that is how we almost didn't get to have a summer vacation. We are SO happy that Brayden's back cooperated and he was able to go! So our summer vacation started out with us leaving from Hill Spring for beautiful British Columbia! We drove to Creston to stay with Brayden's Grandma Tolman, who had recently moved there. We wanted to visit her and Brayden's Aunt Tara and to see Creston, which we had heard was beautiful, and it did not disappoint! I have never seen such lush trees and so much fresh fruit! It was beautiful and I honestly felt like I was somewhere almost tropical, minus the beach! We stayed there for a few days, seeing the area, one day we went to church and just relaxed, and then we went on a gorgeous drive...might I add on the most twisty and turny road I have EVER been on...coupled with a motorhome it was not the best drive of my life...but it was worth it in the end. We drove to the Ainsworth hot springs, which are fed from a natural spring in the ground! The cool thing about this hot springs, was that they were in a cave! It was so neat!

Leaving Hill Spring for B.C. I
love this picture of the canoe on top,
the motorhome in front, and the
mountains in the background.
This. Is. Summer.













  



 

   
Just one of the BIGGEST
trees I've ever seen.
Just to give you an
idea how lush
Creston is!












 






    
   




We had to ride a ferry to get to
the Ainsworth Hot Springs!



Fresh strawberries! Yum!















Once we had worn out our welcome in Creston..ok not really haha...we then headed for the Schnoor reunion at Surveyors Lake! It is such a fun reunion where everyone meets at Surveyors Lake in B.C. for a few days that are jam packed full of beach, swimming, games, and food, food, food. I have never eaten so well before while camping. It was great! I particularly loved it because it was Brayden and I's first time trying out our brand new tent, which was so awesome! It's so fun being married and having our own things, like tents and rubber dingy's! Haha! Unfortunately, we didn't have the best weather this reunion. It was still nice, but a little on the cooler side in temperatures. Needless to say, there was more game playage going on than swimming haha! No matter what we end up doing though, it's always such a fun and awesome time!

First time using our tent!


 

  

  
 


Yes I am wearing a towel. Yes, I
get cold. Very. Easy.
  
 

Risk Domination!



Playing some ball!
 


To the beach!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment